The Leadership Academy is longer accepting applications for the 2017-18 cohort, with the exception of candidates from Kingsport City Schools.
Please email your application materials to Wade McGarity at email@example.com.
Your completed Leadership Academy application should include the following:
- Leadership Academy application form (completed, signed, and dated) in PDF format
- Up-to-date resume in PDF format
- Essay response in PDF format (see application for essay question)
- Copy of your most recent performance appraisal
- Copy of your valid Tennessee teaching license (copy downloaded from the Tennessee Department of Education website is acceptable)
- Official transcript(s) from all institutions of higher education you have attended (including UT). Please have documents sent to:
Betty Sue Sparks
Center for Educational Leadership
302 Bailey Education Complex
Knoxville, Tennessee 37996-3430
- Three rating forms sent to Betty Sue Sparks at the above address. One must be from your immediate supervisor (principal or district level supervisor), two must be from either former or current professional supervisors or colleagues. Rating forms may be accessed at:
- Completion of the online Principal Insight. If you have not completed the Principal Insight, instructions will be emailed to you upon review of your completed application packet. The Principal Insight must be completed within 3 days after receipt of instructions.
Important Notice: If accepted as a cohort member in the Leadership Academy, applicant must complete the application process for the Graduate School at The University of Tennessee. This is in addition to the Leadership Academy Application.