Applications are only accepted from individuals working in specific partner school districts. Please apply only if invited to do so by your school district. All other potential applicants should check with their school district for information about application deadlines.
Please email your application materials to Wade McGarity at email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: Completed rating forms should be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and NOT mailed, as our staff is currently working from home.
Your completed Leadership Academy application should include the following:
- Leadership Academy application form (completed, signed, and dated) in PDF format
- Up-to-date resume in PDF format
- Essay response in PDF format (see application for essay question)
- Copy of your most recent performance appraisal
- Copy of your valid Tennessee teaching license (copy downloaded from the Tennessee Department of Education website is acceptable)
- Official transcript(s) from all institutions of higher education you have attended (including UT). Please either request electronic transcripts (preferred) sent to email@example.com or mailed to:
Center for Educational Leadership
302 Bailey Education Complex
Knoxville, Tennessee 37996-3430
- Three rating forms sent to Wade McGarity VIA EMAIL. Note that this is new due to staff working from home. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org. One must be from your immediate supervisor (principal or district level supervisor), two must be from either former or current professional supervisors or colleagues. Rating forms may be accessed at:
Important Notice: If accepted as a cohort member in the Leadership Academy, applicant must complete the application process for the Graduate School at The University of Tennessee. This is in addition to the Leadership Academy Application.
For further information, please contact Wade McGarity.