Now accepting applications for the Leadership Academy for 2018-19.
Deadline for applications from Kingsport City Schools is Monday, April 30.
Deadline for applications from Roane County Schools is Monday, May 7.
Applications are only being accepted from individuals working in specific partner school districts. Please apply only if invited to do so by your school district. All other potential applicants should check with their school district for information about application deadlines.
Please email your application materials to Wade McGarity at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your completed Leadership Academy application should include the following:
- Leadership Academy application form (completed, signed, and dated) in PDF format
- Up-to-date resume in PDF format
- Essay response in PDF format (see application for essay question)
- Copy of your most recent performance appraisal
- Copy of your valid Tennessee teaching license (copy downloaded from the Tennessee Department of Education website is acceptable)
- Official transcript(s) from all institutions of higher education you have attended (including UT). Please have documents sent to:
Betty Sue Sparks
Center for Educational Leadership
302 Bailey Education Complex
Knoxville, Tennessee 37996-3430
- Three rating forms sent to Betty Sue Sparks at the above address. One must be from your immediate supervisor (principal or district level supervisor), two must be from either former or current professional supervisors or colleagues. Rating forms may be accessed at:
- Completion of the online Principal Insight. If you have not completed the Principal Insight, instructions will be emailed to you upon review of your completed application packet. The Principal Insight must be completed within 3 days after receipt of instructions.
Important Notice: If accepted as a cohort member in the Leadership Academy, applicant must complete the application process for the Graduate School at The University of Tennessee. This is in addition to the Leadership Academy Application.
For further information, please contact Wade McGarity.